Non Password Buttons Suddenly Checked [resolved by manually saving new Login item]

Options
iByron
iByron
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Since the last update (App Store version) something strange has been happening with a few sites that used to work fine.

Instead of simply entering the username and password, 1Password now insists on clicking a radio button which causes login to fail.

My most frequently used example is WineBid.com (login page at https://www.winebid.com/SignIn ). Here, in between the email address field and password field are two radio buttons. The top one is selected if you are a new user who needs to establish an account, and the bottom if you are a returning user. The bottom button is selected by default when you load the page.

For some reason 1Password is selecting the top button when it enters my information. That means instead of logging in (as it used to do) I'm taken to a page where I'm asked to provide additional information to create a new account.

This is all after the latest update. I have run the auto-submit patch referenced in the pinned discussion started by khad here as well.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Byron C Mayes

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried re-creating and saving the login manually? That page includes the following:

Saving a new Login like this can be useful for Logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. It allows 1Password to refresh everything it “knows” about the page. Login pages can change as websites are updated, and this can be a very helpful tip in those cases.

That's why you might finding doing that helpful.

Stephen

• iByron
    iByron
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. That seems to have worked.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iByron,

On @Stephen_C's behalf, you're most welcome.

Since your issue has now been resolved I'll close the topic. If you have any other issues or questions, please don't hesitate to start a new forum topic or email us directly at support@agilebits.com -- we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.