Unknown items in extension context error

camsoft
camsoft
Community Member

Just received the error "Unknown items in extension context error" on iPhone.

It seems to be something to do with rotating the device to landscape and launching the app extension. I've never seen this error when loading the extension in portrait.

Comments

• Hi @camsoft. I've logged this one in our bug tracker. Do you have any more information about when you've seen this error? How about workarounds? Is it reliably reproducible?

• camsoft
    camsoft
    Community Member

I can reproduce it fairly often, I just have to open and close the extension a few times in succession and it will do it. Just managed to reproduce it in Beta 10 as well. I never enter my password or unlock I just activity the extension, cancel, wait for modal to disappear, and repeat, sometimes I through in a rotation!

• MikeT
    edited August 2014

Hi @camsoft,

It looks to happen more often if I bring up the share-activity view in the portrait mode, rotate the device, and then tap on the 1Password extension. This brings up the error loading the extension that you saw. Maybe the rotation itself is sending the wrong message to our app while loading the extension.

I'll add this to the report that Mr. Rooni created for you and we'll see if this is something that we can fix and/or Apple needs to be aware of.

• camsoft
    camsoft
    Community Member

Yeah totally, the rotation seems to amplify the issue.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014

Hi @camsoft,

Can you reproduce this now on iOS 8 beta 5 and 1Password 4.6 beta 11? I can't get it to show up now.

Make sure you kill the Safari app after updating the 1Password app or reboot the iPhone just for good measures.

This discussion has been closed.