Will there ever be support for "popup logins" ?

Options
nd3r
nd3r
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Hi,

As the title says, currently 1Password doesn't seem to support this kind of "popup windows" when you try to log in. I don't remember what they are called but I'm talking about the windows that appear when you authenticate to FTP's etc.

They appear frequently in my work environment and it would be awesome if 1Password could support this.

I tried the "auto-type"-function but that doesn't seem to work all the time. Tried this a minute ago and it lists all windows except the one I need to fill.

What I really would like to see is that 1P addon in browsers can recognize the logins and fill the credentials, just like any other webpage.

So my question is. Is this something that will be implemented in the future?

Keep up the good work!

nd3r

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I suspect the kind of popup logins you're referring to is covered in this thread. If I'm correct I believe the answer is insufficient standardisation over browsers (or any API in cases) being the issue.

• nd3r
    nd3r
    Community Member
    Options

Oh great, thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Thanks for your feedback and kind words, @nd3r. :)

I'll certainly let our developers know that you're interested in this. I don't have any new information about it since what's been posted in that related topic @littlebobbytables helpfully referred you to.

As a possible workaround, HTTP (basic) Authentication credentials can be stored in Apple's keychain and be usable with at least Safari.

ref: OPM-250

This discussion has been closed.