New User question - does 1Password (4 for Mac) simply not work with popup logins?

Options
Fearmore
Fearmore
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

I'm struggling with a common site: CVS.com. There appears to be no way to make a 1Password login work with Firefox (ver 31.0, latest). Since I'm new to 1Password, this is very frustrating. The CVS site, like many others, uses a pop-up window to enter login information. The closest I come to getting it to work is to manually Save New Login and, after some experimentation, to use https://www.cvs.com/account/login.jsp? as the website, which at least gets me directly to the login window. But it doesn't fill in my password (and it probably only fills in my Username because I've previously checked "Remember Me" on the site).

Does 1Password 4.4.1 (441006), newly installed along with the browser extension for Firefox, just not work with pop-ups? Should I just give up and stop wasting my time? Disappointing, if so. I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks!

Comments

• xz4gb8
    xz4gb8
    Community Member
    Options

Fearmore,

A work-around for popup login windows is to use either of bookmark or 1password to go to the site, click login, and then use the 1Password key to perform the data entry. The login entry should appear at the top of the 1Password popdown.

This is a convenient technique for sites like iCloud where you use more than one AppleID. Make certain to logoff, but just use the key to go to the next account with minor effort.

• Fairgame
    Fairgame
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this will help you. I have the following URL booked and it logs in automatically after few seconds. I do not see any pop out during this process. And I use Safari on Mac and iPad, not Firefox.

https://www.cvs.com/extracare/landing.jsp

• GeniusRedacted
    GeniusRedacted
    Community Member
    Options

I actually have a CVS.com login that works fine with 1Password (4 for Mac)

It uses the website's "email" field for the login, and the website's "password" field for the password.

It works in both Apple Safari & FireFox 31.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Fearmore,

Here's what I did to create a Login item that works well with different pages on the CVS site using Firefox, Safari, and Chrome:

Only tested on a Mac, although with a valid account so I could confirm successful/failing site logins.

Thanks to @xz4gb8, @Fairgame, @GeniusRedacted for all their suggestions!

I hope something there is helpful for you to get this working the way you'd like. :)

This discussion has been closed.