1Password causing "Recovered files" to appear in Trash after reboot

Options
k21
k21
Community Member

I've noticed that my Trash is always containing a "Recovered files" folder (which is empty) every restart. Reading around on the internet seems to indicate that these are temporary files that OS X finds lying around, that are safe to delete.

I didn't like how they would always reappear. After multiple combinations of logging off/on to my user account and a new one, restarting, and doing all of the above with all my login items removed, I have come to the conclusion that 1Password mini is the cause. If I turn it off, subsequent restarts will definitely not produce those files in the Trash.

Is this an issue with anyone else or is it just me?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @k21,

Thanks for reporting this. First I've heard of it possibly being related to 1Password; I'll ask my colleagues about it. Have you checked the contents of that seemingly empty Recovered files folder for any hidden files there? Some hidden post-restart leftovers from Growl always end up there on one of my Macs. And occasionally other stuff that can be accounted for.

Which versions of OS X and 1Password are you running? Do you use attachments with your 1Password items?

This discussion has been closed.