Unable to edit

Options
bobbyinpa
bobbyinpa
Community Member

I saved some old sites and the passwords are not correct in 1Password. If I open the main program under applications and then select the site I wish to edit I then click the icon beside the hidden password and the password shows for 2 seconds and 1Password forces a brand new password to fill the box. I need my original password and cannot turn off this irritating function of 1password. I will be grateful for any assistance please. Thank you.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

That icon next to the hidden password is used to generate a new password. There is an option to reveal passwords in the security option of Preferences. You can also reveal it by toggling the option key, I think. Unfortunately, I am not at my Mac to refresh my memory. It could be the command key.

In any case, generating a new password is the depicted behavior if you click the icon next to the password while in edit mode.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bobbyinpa,

I hope @hawkmoth's tips and explanation were helpful.

If you'd like hidden passwords for your 1Password items to always be visible, make sure that Conceal Passwords is disabled under the View menu:

Or disable the Conceal Passwords option under the Security tab of the Preferences window:

Using the Control-Command-P keyboard shortcut in the main application is a handy way to toggle that.

And when Conceal Passwords is enabled, you can press the Option key to temporarily reveal hidden passwords. That can be preferable to always leaving passwords revealed.

If you'd like more assistance with this or anything else please don't hesitate to ask -- we're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.