Conflicts

Options
lerbi
lerbi
Community Member

Apologize in advance if this has been discussed previously, but I find this forum difficult to use at best mainly because it is far too technical, at least for me. Anyway: When I change either (or both) my user name or password for any login, I then get a "Conflict" shown in the detail for that login. The Conflict shows either/or the old user name or password. Why aren't these conflicts automatically removed? As it is, I have to go through each and every account where changes are made remove the conflict manually.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lerbi,

Conflicts generally show up when an item is edited on more than one device at a similar time, and 1Password is unable to determine which change is newer upon sync. In order to get a better idea of what's happening in your situation, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • What are you using to keep things in sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

Please note that there is a simple way to sort through your conflicts: use File > New Smart Folder and use the filter 'Conflict Fields' 'are' present. This will show you all items that need to be dealt with.

This discussion has been closed.