Feature Request - Configurable keyboard shortcuts

Options
addikt10
addikt10
Community Member

I see CMD-SHIFT-C for grabbing the password.
It would be nice to see the equivalent of Keypass's CMD-B to grab the URL to the clipboard.
Also, I would much rather use just CMD-C instead of adding the shift key, so I would like to see Configurable shortcuts.

Thanks

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @addikt10,

Thanks for the request! I can pass this along to our developers for you. Would you want these for the main 1Password application and/or mini?

It is possible to add a main app keyboard shortcut for Item > Copy Password using System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts:

But making it ⌘C (Control-C) will override that default shortcut for Edit > Copy, even when Item > Copy Password is inactive.

There are also contexts where ⌘C usage could be ambiguously confusing, trying to anticipate whether it would have Edit > Copy or Item > Copy Password behaviour when both would be valid.

If you'd like to assign a single-modifier shortcut for Item > Copy Password, ⌃C (Control-C) would be a preferable choice:

It currently doesn't conflict with any preassigned 1Password shortcut, avoiding issues like you could have if using ⌘C.

I hope that's helpful. :)

This discussion has been closed.