Family License vs. Business License

Options
jasongerlach
jasongerlach
Community Member

I see a Family License available in the store but have also seen people mention a Business License in this forum, however I don't see it in the store. I work for a small non-profit (6 users with up to 3 devices each). Please advice what type of License we should purchase. Also, I one of the users is via a windows/android device and all the others users are via mac devices will that work?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jasongerlach‌

Thanks for considering 1Password to keep your business's passwords secure and organized!

AgileBits licenses are sold on a per-person, per-platform basis. Family licenses are valid for up to five family members who live under the same roof (i.e. in the same household). As such, they are not typically valid for business situations. We do offer multi-seat business licenses in our online store:

https://agilebits.com/store/business

These licenses can be purchased for any quantity of users greater than one (if you just need one, a single user license is appropriate). When purchasing you will receive one license key/file that can be shared amongst the number of people corresponding to the number of seats you've purchased.

Please note that business licenses are discounted based on the number of seats purchased, so purchasing in larger quantities will provide a larger discount. Also seats cannot be added on later, instead a new license will be generated. In these cases you can continue to use your original license file/key, so long as the total number of users in your organization using 1Password does not exceed the number of seats you've purchased for the product in question.

Anyone covered by a license can use that license on any number of devices of the purchased platform as they wish. For example, if you purchase a five seat license for Mac, five of your employees can use 1Password for Mac on any number of Macs (including their home Macs -- if you wish).

In your case, you may wish to purchase a 5-seat Mac license and a single user Windows license to cover all users. 1Password 4 for Android is currently available as a free app in the Google Play Store. Later in the month, the app will convert to a freemium product: a free Reader will continue to be available to all users, with the premium features available to be unlocked by an in-app purchase.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.