Problem with 1 Password on the tool bar

Ive had 1 Password working on my tool bar for a few years. After I upgraded one of the OX upgrades (can't remember which one) it quit working, Now when I click on it it says, "problem with database". Below that it is extension not available.
My 1 Password data base works fine when I open it and get the pass word I want, I then close it again. 1Password is lousy using it manually :). Any help would be great.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Can you please let us have a little more information so that someone can help you?

1. What is the version number of 1P4 that you are using?
    2. What is your OS X version number?
    3. What browser(s) are you using and what is the 1P4 extension version number used in the browser(s)?
    4. When you refer to the "tool bar" do you mean the OS X menu bar at the top of the screen or a browser tool bar?
    5. What exactly do you mean when you refer to using 1P4 "manually"?
    6. For good measure, are you using sync with any iDevice and, if so, what sync method are you using?

Sorry for all the questions instead of an answer at this stage but someone will help when we have the additional information.

Stephen

• 1240rc700
    1240rc700
    Community Member

OSX is 10.9.4, Safari 7.0.5 and 1PW is 3.8.22
    I only tend to us Safari, and I'm talking the Safari tool bar. "Manually", refers to me opening 1PW from the main data verses clicking on the password icon on the tool bar. When I want to ck in to a web site, I open the 1PW and write the pass word down and then I enter the password into the website I wish to visit. I have never sync with any iDevice, although I want to but won't until I resolve this issue on my Mac.
    I do not know how to read the 1PW extension version number used in the brewer (s). I know a little lame, but thats the way it is. I suspect it is & extension issue but I don't know how to fix it if it is. In Safari preferences, it says that 1PW is enabled. But I don't know how to read the extensions. Perhaps I should uninstall it and install it again.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

I moved your post to the 1P3 forum because you're using 1P3 and not 1P4.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @1240rc700‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password lately! Please have a look at our article here: "Problem with database" in v3 extension in Safari on OS X Mavericks. This should get you all sorted out!

This discussion has been closed.