Dual Track for 1P for iOS7 and 8?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

Will there be simultaneous updates for 1Password for iOS once iOS 8 is released? I am interested in iOS8, not immediately but maybe some months later. I don't see any reason to update from iOS7 if there aren't any compelling reasons to do so.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Unfortunately, we're a small team here at 1Password. The day often isn't long enough for all of the cool features we want to implement in a single version of 1Password. We are not able to support multiple versions of the app at this time. If you choose to stay on iOS 7, 1Password 4.5 will continue to work for you, but we will not be offering any further updates to the iOS 7 version once the iOS 8-compatible version has been released.

I do want to mention however, that there are a couple of very 'compelling' reasons to take a look at iOS 8. One of those is the newly available App Extensions. You can take a look at the extension we've built for 1Password here:

Introducing the 1Password extension for iOS 8 Apps

This handy little guy will allow you to fill your 1Password data directly into Safari, as well as any other apps that choose to implement it. I can't wait until this feature is available ... Clearly, I'm biased, but personally, I think this makes the iOS 8 upgrade worthwhile all by itself.

This discussion has been closed.