1Password locks really fast [moved to email]

Options
contradictionofgerms
contradictionofgerms
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Hi,

I've noticed this happening more and more lately and it doesn't seem to be specific to a browser plugin or to the app itself. Nor can I figure out how to trigger it reliably, but it's not uncommon for me to unlock 1Password only to have it lock less than a minute later. Sometimes, it locks immediately after being unlocked.

But, again, the timing is variable and I can't figure what's triggering it so I can't reliably repeat it.

thanks!
dennis

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What are your settings in 1P4 > Preferences > Security? Mine are like this:

I then have to unlock only when I start the computer or it has slept. (I'm the sole user so fast user switching is not relevant for me.) Does that not work for you?

Stephen

• contradictionofgerms
    Options

I'm using my laptop at work so my settings are a little more conservative, but nothing that would cause it to lock immediately after being unlocked.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

This is just a shot in the dark, but you're not pressing ⌃⌥⌘L are you? I can't imagine that you are but that would lock 1P4.

Stephen

• contradictionofgerms
    Options

Nope. I wish it were something so simple.

Could it be corrupt preferences? Is there a recommendation for what to delete?

• Hi @contradictionofgerms,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble! So we can look into this further, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• contradictionofgerms
    Options

I sent it over. There's an awful lot of data gathered by that tool.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @contradictionofgerms,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: TBD-35834-189

This discussion has been closed.