Trouble configuring Dropbox syncing with 1Password on iPhone

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
edited August 2014 in iOS
This discussion was created from comments split from: Dropbox sync fix required after updating to 1Password 4.2.

Comments

• chrisrosa
    chrisrosa
    Community Member
    Options

I seem to have a related problem. Just noticed today that 1Password on my iPhone isn't syncing with Dropbox. I went to reconnect, but for some reason can't figure out the vault password (dropbox is connected fine). Is this password something different than what I enter into 1Password when launching on my desktop? It doesn't seem to be either my current or previous master password. Is there a way to figure out what this password would be if I can unlock on the desktop?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chrisrosa‌

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting things synced up here. Your Master Password should be the same across all computers and devices. In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • Are you using multiple vaults or have multiple keychain files stored in Dropbox?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• chrisrosa
    chrisrosa
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Single vault. 4 computers. 1 iPhone and 1 iPad. All latest version...4.4.1 MAS on desktops and 4.5.3 on iOS devices. They were all sync'd to DropBox, but it seems my iOS devices (at least the iPhone) have become disconnected at some point.

On the iPhone, Settings > Sync > Start to Sync > Dropbox connects automatically to my Dropbox account (so the DB auth is still in place apparently), where I can choose my vault. I get a "vault mismatch" error. If i click more info, I can see my iPhone's vault was updated Jun 7, and my DB vault is Aug 5.

Initially I just tried the merge option, which is where I ran into the vault password issue.

I rarely enter information on iOS, so I'm thinking it's probably safe for me to "erase data and settings" in the iOS app rather than merging, but thinking I may run into this vault password issue again.

Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chrisrosa,

Thanks for confirming that for me. Let's try resetting sync just to ensure that everything is indeed accessing that same 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’. If you want to start fresh on your iOS devices, you can go to Settings > Advanced and select 'Erase Data and Settings'

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync. That should get everything on the same page for sure.

Please let me know how this goes for you!

This discussion has been closed.