How do I uninstall 1P4, while not disturbing a 1P3 installation

Options
ClaymoreX
ClaymoreX
Community Member

Hello,

I am a 1P3 user, and I downloaded the trial version of 1P4. For a few different reasons I don't want to upgrade to 1P4 at this time, so I'd like to completely uninstall 1P4 without wrecking my 1P3 installation. Which files do I need to delete, and which do I need to save. I sync 1Password through Dropbox, and both versions are the Agile Bits versions (not App Store) if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ClaymoreX,

I'm sorry to hear that you'd rather not upgrade to 1Password 4 after trying it out. Are there any specific reasons you don't mind mentioning for why you'd prefer sticking with 1Password 3? Feel free to send them to me privately. :)

Before uninstalling 1Password 4, there's a bit more information that would be helpful to know. Is Dropbox syncing currently configured in 1Password 3? If so, to the same Agile Keychain that's been syncing with 1Password 4? We want to ensure all your data is available to 1Password 3 once 1Password 4 is no longer syncing and removed.

Thanks in advance for the answers!

• ClaymoreX
    ClaymoreX
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I'm using the same keychain for both, and it is synced via Dropbox.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ClaymoreX‌

Thanks so much for confirming that for us! To remove 1Password 4, here's what we'll do:

• Open 1Password 4 (if it's not already running)
    • Use ⌘⌃Q (Command-Control-Q) to quit both 1Password and 1Password Mini
    • Open a Finder window to your Applications folder
    • Move the 1Password 4.app to the Trash (make sure you're leaving 1Password 3.app where it is!)
    • Empty the Trash
    • Restart your Mac

This should get you sorted out, but if you have any further questions, please let us know - we're here to help!

• ClaymoreX
    ClaymoreX
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks,

How about preference files or other library / application support type files? I assume it's safe to delete anything that specifically refers to 1P4.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ClaymoreX‌

Actually, we'd recommend leaving those put for now. In particular, there's a good store of backups available there. In the event that anything went sideways, it's nice to have those there, just in case. :)

This discussion has been closed.