What to do at a guest computer

Options
Rob Rosenhouse
Rob Rosenhouse
Community Member

I have one question about the use of 1Password. What happens if I am at a 'guest' computer, and want to order something from Amazon. No way I will be able to remember my super-complex-16 character-mixed case password.

What do people do when they are not at their home machines?

Rob

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Do you sync via Dropbox? If so, you can take advantage of 1PasswordAnywhere to access your data on a read-only basis from any modern web browser.

Here is a link for that

• Rob Rosenhouse
    Rob Rosenhouse
    Community Member
    Options

OK - That's pretty cool. Thank you for pointing me in that direction. Will it work in a similar way with iCloud? I plan to use 1Pass with OSX, Windows 8 and my iPhone / iPad.

Rob

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

No, 1PasswordAnywhere does not work with iCloud. Only Dropbox. I don't know whether it might work with iCloud in the future, but you aren't the only one who is interested in that happening.

• Rob Rosenhouse
    Rob Rosenhouse
    Community Member
    Options

Last question... I am testing Yosemite and iOS8. Will the current production versions of these programs work? I'd rather not run the beta at this time.

Rob

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

No, sorry: you need to use the 1P4 4.5 betas to run under Yosemite. I imagine you also need to use the iOS beta in order to run under the iOS8 beta, and the beta programme for iOS is full at present (i.e., there are no more places available).

Stephen

• Rob Rosenhouse
    Rob Rosenhouse
    Community Member
    Options

Stephen_C:

Will I have trouble if I run the beta on my Yosemite test machine and the production version on my Mavericks machine?

Rob

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the Yosemite beta to know whether it's going to be possible, or easy, to sync the two databases. I am not running the Yosemite beta so don't know how the 1P4 4.5 betas work. It's probably best to ask on the beta forum whether any one is doing anything similar and, if so, whether it works.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rob,

The beta version of 1Password and the release version should be able to sync via Dropbox between your machines. You may want to take a look in our beta forum for the current bugs our devs are tracking in the 1Password 4 for Mac beta.

This discussion has been closed.