One Login Across Multiple Domains

Since the release of version 4, I've started cleaning up and organising my logins. Today I was cleaning up login items which had duplicate passwords. These items are duplicates because they use the same username/password across multiple websites. For example, "steampowered.com" and "steamgames.com" use the same credentials.

I was wanting to know what the best approach is to handle this:
1) Am I doing it correctly already by having a multiple login entries (which will then always show as duplicates)?
2) Should I add these additional domains to a single login item (which may not work due to variations in the form submission fields)?
3) Or a different approach that I am unaware of?

Your documentation is fairly good at the moment, but it would be greatly improved if you went into significant detail in some areas. How best to edit logins and the effects of doing so, for example. Anyway, keep up the good work. 1Password is a fantastic tool.

Comments

• Hi @Kitforbes,

1) Am I doing it correctly already by having a multiple login entries (which will then always show as duplicates)?

Before 1Password 4 for Windows, it had to be separate. However, in 1Password 4, we added support for multiple URLs in the Login items.

Just edit your Login and go to the URLs section to add the other URLs:

2) Should I add these additional domains to a single login item (which may not work due to variations in the form submission fields)

1Password is much better than in the past for being able to handle various forms. I’d suggest trying this first and see if it works.

Your documentation is fairly good at the moment, but it would be greatly improved if you went into significant detail in some areas.

Agreed, I’ve add it to our list to include this information.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.