Entries show in Windows but not on Mac or IOS

Long term user who fairly recently left 1Password and has returned because of the improved 1Password for Windows.

I'm syncing via a folder using ownCloud between Windows and Mac, before that I used to sync via dropbox with the same data. I have some older entries that show in 1Password for Windows but not on Mac or IOS. Everything in Mac shows in Windows. I cannot see why these entries will not show on the Mac/IOS. As Mac is my primary platform I'm rather concerned by password vault is somehow corrupt. New entries appear on both platforms fine though.

The vault has been moved between dropbox and folder syncing over the years.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@flimflam, what sync option is selected in preferences for 1Password for Mac?

• Hi @Flimflam,

A few questions:

1. What versions of 1Password are you using on your Mac and iOS?
    2. Have you try opening 1Password on Windows, go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Data, and see if it'll fix this at all?
    3. Can you edit one of your items on Windows that is not showing up on Mac/iOS and see if that'll sync over?
  • flimflam
    flimflam
    Community Member

Tracked it down to entries with Notes that have a long line of text that were imported a while ago and the new lines weren't converted, hence a long single line. The entries display fine in the Windows version but the Mac version they don't.

Have to edit the "invisible" entries in the Windows version to put the new lines back into the Notes and then they appear in the Mac version!

• Hi @flimflam‌,

What do you mean by new line weren't converted? You're just typing in a new line of text in the note field and that restores the items in the Mac/iOS apps? Can you explain more on this, it's not clear what the problem is, and we'd like to fix this from happening in the first place. If you can provide an example via a screenshot, that'd help greatly.

This discussion has been closed.