1p4 will not sync new login pw

Options
brian999
brian999
Community Member

while at my gmail page I saw a red ribbon across the top of my 1pw page which was showing from underneath the gmail page because the gmail page was lower than the gmail page on my screen. It prompted me to change my gmail passwords on two gmail accounts. I changed them as well as the recovery phone number for recovering a gmail pw. The next time I logged into the gmail accounts the pw was wrong. luck for me I had manually changed the gmail account passwords and hand written them down on a piece of scrap paper which I made a point Not to throw away. I went into my 1pw on my Mac and checked the gmail password and they were not saved to 1pw which had asked me to save them as I was filling out the gmail password change. Something wrong there. And I can not just click on the gmail password in my 1pw app on my Mac and duplicate from the gmail sign in page. I hope support reads this soon as I need my gmail in about 8 hours for something important.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you used the 1P4 password generator to create the new passwords check to see if they are in your Passwords category.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brian999,

Did you get your new Gmail passwords fixed up in 1Password? This article has information about checking for them in the Passwords category, like @Stephen_C suggested, so you can update them manually:

Updating your site's password manually

If you can't find them there for some reason, maybe you can edit the Gmail Login items and enter the new passwords that you wrote on the scrap paper.

Please let us know if you need more assistance getting this sorted out; we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.