Quick Unlock toggle doesn't work on iPhone 5 [Try resetting the passcode in Settings.app]

Options
matzebatze
matzebatze
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

On my iPhone 5 (iOS8 b5), the Quick Unlock toggle doesn't work. Every time I try to activate it, it immediately resets to the deactivated status.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @matzebatze‌,

Just to double check on your device, this is an iPhone 5 without the TouchID, right?

What's the setting you have for the iOS device passcode, is it a simple 4-digit code or a passcode? Note I'm not referring to the 1Password setting here, just your iOS device's Passcode setting in the Settings app.

• matzebatze
    matzebatze
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it's an iPhone 5 without TouchID. It is locked with the 4-digit code.

Just tested with 1Password 4.6b11 again, but it's still not working.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @matzebatze‌,

The quick unlock in 1Password is now using your system's passcode system instead of an internal one that we had before.

Can you turn off the 4-digit code in the Settings app, turn it back on and then test 1Password, see if that'll work?

• matzebatze
    matzebatze
    Community Member
    Options

Turning it off and on again worked for me and I could enable the Quick Unlock toogle.

Thanks for your help! :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @matzebatze,

That's awesome, I'm glad it helped, and you're welcome!

• lem3ssie
    lem3ssie
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, i really am a fan of 1password, but i don't understand why i can't have a quick toggle with no system passcode. I don't want a system password, and i don't want to enter a master password everytime. Quick toggle like before was fine to me. I was entering a 4 digit passcode only when opening 1password.
    Now, even if master password is set to never, i have to enter it everytime the app starts, cause i have no system 4-digit passcode.
    I would like quick toogle back, just like 4.5.3.
    Just copy/paste the code from 4.5.3 to 4.6bx, please. If only i had touch id.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @lem3ssie,

Thanks for your feedback, we'll see what we can do. Right now, the app uses the built-in system's security framework in iOS 8 to simplify the code in the app, and lets you use the iOS's passcode instead of remembering a different PIN code for 1Password.

Generally, it is not a good idea to not have a passcode on the iOS device and we do not recommend using 1Password on these devices without a passcode. Without a passcode, you lose a lot of the encryption protection that iOS offers for many of the apps.

This discussion has been closed.