Cannot sync from iphone to macbook [moved to email]

Options
David Kepley
David Kepley
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

I upgraded my macbook to 1Password 4. I am running iOS 10.9.4. I cannot get it to find my 1password data. I still have the data on my iphone. I cannot figure out how to sync the data on my iphone to my macbook. When I try to sync from the iphone and use the wifi option it tells me to open 1password 4 on y macbook and then enter 2 authorization codes. When I go to 1password on my macbook, I cannot figure out where to enter the authorization codes.

So next I tried to sync through dropbox from the iphone. I get the following error message: failed to begin dropbox sync - unknown error error = "version 0 of the API is not supported."

OK so what do i do now?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are you using 1P4 for iOS on your phone? You can't sync directly between 1P4 for OS X and 1P4 for iOS unless you are.

Stephen

• David Kepley
    David Kepley
    Community Member
    Options

I am using 1p4 version 3.7.2 on my iphone. I guess I was afraid to upgrade my iphone version for fear that i wold then not be able to view my password data from there either. So I guess I just need to take the leap?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, you need to take the leap—but it will be slightly less painful than usual because 1P4 for iOS is currently on sale in the iOS app store. ;)

When you have it, if you have any trouble using sync do by all means post back. There are a lot of helpful people on these forums!

Stephen

• David Kepley
    David Kepley
    Community Member
    Options

OK I have updated 1P4 for my iphone. I am trying to sync via wifi. When I go to 1P4 on my mac book, the instructions on the iphone tell me to go to Window>wifi sync. I tried this, but the "wifi sync" link is grayed out. OK so now what do i do?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Do you have any other sync method enabled in 1P4 for OS X? You can use only one sync method at any one time. If you do have another sync method enabled on the MacBook just disable that and you should be able to select wifi sync.

Stephen

• David Kepley
    David Kepley
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure I know how to enable or disable a sync method, but here is what I tried. I went to 1P4 on my macbook under preferences>Sync. I have 3 choices listed: icloud, dropbox and folder. All 3 are grayed out. I assume that means I cannot use any of those 3 ways of syncing (because they are grayed out). What's next?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi David,

1Password must be unlocked on your MacBook before you can select Sync preferences or open the Wi-Fi Sync. And here are some places where you can find out more about syncing options for your Mac and iPhone:

Syncing your 1Password data (Mac)

Syncing your 1Password data (iOS)

I hope that helps. If you have other questions please let us know! :)

• David Kepley
    David Kepley
    Community Member
    Options

I followed the on-line instructions. I went to window>wifi sync and the link is grayed out. What do I do now?

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi David,

Since you emailed us about this issue, we will handle it in email from now on. Thanks!

ref: XUX-62883-484

This discussion has been closed.