1Password mini / safari and chrome extension not working [resolved by configuring Sophos]

Options
talljmay
talljmay
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Hello,
I am in the trial mode of 1Password 4 and I cannot get mini to work in Safari or Chrome. When i click on the mini key, the login page within the browser is not recognized and i'm always prompted to 'Add Safari Extension' or 'Add Chrome Extension'. I updated to 4.2.4 today but that didn't correct the issue.

I am running trail versions on 2 other MacBooks and this function works perfectly on those. One is running Mountain Lion and one is running Mavericks. The computer that isn't working is an iMac running 10.8.5.

I've looked through the various messages on this and haven't found anything that works for me.
Thanks!
Jeff

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Jeff ( @talljmay ).

Thanks for giving 1Password 4 a trial spin! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with its browser extension on one of your Macs. We'd like to work with directly in email to help pinpoint the cause that problem and get it fixed as quickly as possible.

To do that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful so we can keep an extra eye open for it. :)

Once we've reviewed the report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• talljmay
    talljmay
    Community Member
    Options

I happen to have 2 iMacs with this problem. I just sent the diagnostics from the first one.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @talljmay,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

• talljmay
    talljmay
    Community Member
    Options

I have too many email addresses and used a different one to send my diagnostics. However, you guys responsed promptly and solved my problem.

I run Sophos and had to give permission for the browser to recognize the plug-in.

Your support and product are fantastic. I was an eWallet user for a decade and am thrilled with your product.

Thanks!!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jeff ( @talljmay ),

Thanks so much for your kind words; we sure appreciate them and your support for 1Password. :)

Great to hear you've resolved the extension problem by configuring Sophos. That's something to recheck if you run into the same problem again in the future. Sophos sometimes resets its configuration after OS updates, for example.

I've got bunches of email addresses, too. It's turned out to be beneficial having unique ones for sites that require an email address as the username, which is something I've never liked and foresaw the kind of trouble it can cause. It is convenient to use fewer email addresses… until having to change one in numerous places. I still prefer using more and changing fewer less often in fewer places.

Have a wonderful week!

This discussion has been closed.