Stolen passwords: How about sites I don't use anymore?

Options
RickKC
RickKC
Community Member

I'm cleaning up my 1pw database and changing the passwords on the sites I use because of the 1.2 billion stolen. What about all the sites I never use anymore? I dont want to bother changing those passwords. Does it matter for security? Can I just forget about (delete in 1PW) those sites that don't have my financial and personal (social security #, etc.) information?

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

How about deleting them? I have a a gmail account I don't use anymore, but I changed the password after the Heartbleed Bug just because Ido have some contacts and I just keep it because I don't want anyone else to have that email address.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It is really a personal decision based on what information a site has about you. If you used a strong, unique password on the site and they don't have any information you wouldn't mind being public you could choose to forget about the site and just let it go. In some cases, you may want to go to the site and make sure your account is deleted. In others, it may be simpler to just change your password. It really is on a site-by-site basis and depends on how risk averse you are. :)

This discussion has been closed.