1Password 4.4.1 no longer works

Options
gtomassetti
gtomassetti
Community Member

Hi:

OS 10.8.5, Firefox 25.0.1. MBP, also Mac Pro.

So, for as long as I've had 1Password, it has worked correctly. There was a key icon on the system bar, and when I have 1Password open and I'm in Firefox, I can click the key icon, select the site I wanted to go to, and 1Password would log me in immediately.

Well, for the first time, I enabled iCloud on my laptop, Mac Pro, and iPhone 5s, just to sync up my calendar.

Now 1Password simply won't work. I tried one thing I found on the discussions here, which was to rename the data folder to Data_Old, but then once I restarted and opened 1Password, it asks me if I'm new or have used it before. If I click used before, it insists that iCloud is not enabled, which it is. If I click that the data file is on my Mac (it is, or it always was before), I can't find it anywhere.

When I clicked that I was a new user, I created a master password and imported all of my data, but the login still doesn't work.

Hope someone can help me out here.

Thanks.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I suspect your problem is the outdated version of Firefox. Please see this thread, noting in particular this post if you want for some reason to stay with an older version of Firefox.

Stephen

• gtomassetti
    gtomassetti
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm… That's really strange. In my Firefox preferences, I do have it set to update automatically, but for whatever reason, it hadn't since 2013. So now I've downloaded Firefox 31.0, and 1Password works normally again — at least on my Mac Pro.

I'll see what happens on my MBP later. I wonder if I'll need to reinstall 1Password there because of all the stuff I tried yesterday, like changing the data folder name.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gtomassetti‌

I'm so glad to hear that you've got Firefox behaving for you again! When I tried to update, Firefox re-directed me to their website and had me download a whole fresh copy of the app. Not sure why this update is a manual process, but here's to hoping that things work smoothly for you from now on.

If you do have any further questions or hit any other snags, we're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.