1Password Toolbar Icon won't stay put

Options
dbrightwell
dbrightwell
Community Member

I place my toolbar icon just to the left of the + icon on my toolbar, but it keeps moving itself to the far left. I put it back. Later I see it off to the left again. How can I make it stay put?

Comments

• dbrightwell
    dbrightwell
    Community Member
    Options

I misstated. I want it just to the left of the address bar. It keeps moving to the far right!

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @dbrightwell,

What browser is this occurring in?

• dbrightwell
    dbrightwell
    Community Member
    Options

Safari 7.0.4 (currently, but I think also in earlier versions). It didn't used to do this.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @dbrightwell,

How often does the 1Password extension icon automatically move to the far right in Safari's toolbar? In some cases that can happen after every extension update, at least if you're manually updating. Is that a possibility?

• dbrightwell
    dbrightwell
    Community Member
    Options

Maybe. I will move it to the left and watch for this. I will let you know.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good, @dbrightwell.

Have you noticed similar behavior with any other extension icons in the toolbar?

• dbrightwell
    dbrightwell
    Community Member
    Options

It's not just when Safari updates. It seems to happen whenever. And I haven't noticed any other icons doing this, although 1Password is the only icon I look for regularly (of the ones that sit to the right of the address bar).

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

There was an issue a long time ago with another extension and 1Password fighting for places in the bar. I seem to recall it would occasionally send 1Password packing. Do you have additional extensions installed? If I recall correctly it was an issue with the Evernote Clipper.

Now it has been so long and I could be a little hazy on the the details.

• dbrightwell
    dbrightwell
    Community Member
    Options

I have several extensions, but only Apple icons on the left side.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dbrightwell,

It's not just when Safari updates. It seems to happen whenever.

After an extension update it is possible that any toolbar icon(s) for it might end up shifted to the far right. In some cases that could be caused by extensions "competing" with each other for toolbar positions, like @thightower recalled happening when the Evernote Clipper was involved.

Originally you mentioned:

I want it just to the left of the address bar. It keeps moving to the far right!

Then recently you said:

And I haven't noticed any other icons doing this, although 1Password is the only icon I look for regularly (of the ones that sit to the right of the address bar).

>

I have several extensions, but only Apple icons on the left side.

Can you clarify exactly where you'd like the 1Password extension icon to be and remain in Safari's toolbar? If only Apple icons are on the left then it sounds like 1Password's is already on the right. :)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.