Changing Multiple Passwords

Options
iphone
iphone
Community Member

Does 1Password have the capability of automatically changing all passwords in my 1Password database? If so, how does one accomplish this.

I'm looking for a quick and easy method since there have been many problems lately requiring a password change.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The short answer is "no".

It's difficult to imagine how 1P4 could do what you want as each login item (for example) consists of a unique combination of access credentials tailored to work with a specific login on one specific site. Even if two logins appear to use username and password, for example, if you show web form details in the login item you may find that in fact the web form labels for the two logins are quite different.

Generally, there is a knowledge base article here on how to update the password for a specific site.

Stephen

• iphone
    iphone
    Community Member
    Options

I thought so, but changing multiple passwords is still problematic - I thought that I would give it a try anyway.

Thanks,

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iphone,

I'm sorry to hear that you're finding updating passwords a bit problematic. We do what we can to make changing your passwords as easy as possible, but as @Stephen_C says, the infinite variety of website design makes it complicated to automate the process. I'll be sure to mention to our developers that you'd like to see a bit more automation here, if possible. :)

In the meantime, let's hope that there are fewer site hacks that require you to frequently change passwords!

This discussion has been closed.