Error occurred while trying to install "extension 1Password".

Options
DamonFetty
DamonFetty
Community Member

When typing in Name and Password at a web site. 1Password does not help with password or is it in 1Password after it is set up.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @DamonFetty‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the extension. 1Password will not auto-complete passwords as you are typing them in. If you are viewing a website's log in page, and you have a Login stored in 1Password, all you need to do is use the ⌘\ (Command-\) keyboard shortcut to fill your details in.

I hope this helps! :)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Can you explain your problem a little more fully please? Are you trying to create a new login which you want 1Password to save for you? If so, this knowledge base article will help you. (Look at the section called Getting your information into 1Password.) If you find 1Password is not asking you if you want to save new logins go to 1P4 > Preferences > Browser and make sure you have checked Automatically ask to save new Logins.

If you want 1P4 to help you generate a password you can use the password generator from 1P mini (and you can open 1P mini at any time by pressing ⌥⌘\).

If this doesn't help please post back.

Stephen

• DamonFetty
    DamonFetty
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks to both of you for your help. I was able to get into Safari and post 1Password extension. So know 1Password is asking me if I want to save the password in 1Password. Thanks again.

• Jasper
    edited August 2014
    Options

On behalf of Megan and Stephen, you're welcome.

Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.