Cannot change 1Password 4 for Mac to sync over iCloud [Resolved: disable existing sync first]

Options
eckert
eckert
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

hi there,

i'm running 1password 4 for mac version 4.4.1 and i'm not able to change the syncing method to icloud. in the preference of 1password i only see 'syncing with folder'. i'm logged in icloud on my mac, i have the 'documents & data' item clicked and when i check the options there i see that 1password mini is selected. is this correct? what do i need to do in order to select icloud as the syncing option?

thx!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You have to disable folder sync in order to see the other sync options.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @eckert,

Each vault in 1Password 4 for Mac can only be configured with one sync service (iCloud, Dropbox, or Folder) at a time. In your case, to switch from Folder to iCloud sync you'll first disable Folder sync by selecting Change Syncing… under the Sync tab of the Preferences window:

Leave the Delete data from the folder option disabled if you want to keep the data (the 1Password.agilekeychain Agile Keychain in this example) that's being synced with in the folder.

Or, enable that option to Trash the synced data:

Then click Disable Sync. In either case, this will not remove any data from your local 1Password database.

Now you're ready to configure iCloud syncing; this article has instructions:

Syncing using iCloud

You've already done most of that setup. :)

Please let us know if you have other questions or would like more help. Thanks!

ref: DOCS-169

• eckert
    eckert
    Community Member
    Options

thx a lot, this helped!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eckert,

I'm so glad to hear that things are working for you now! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.