Unable to change file format when using "Export > All Items…" [confirmed issue on 10.8.5]

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
edited August 2014 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Export to Excel.

Comments

• rbregt
    rbregt
    Community Member
    Options

That's strange. I am using 4.4.1. Mac App Store version and I cannot change the file format. Why not?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rbregt,

You should be able to click on the button next to the File Format option that lists 1Password Interchange Format (.1pif) to see the other available options. I've just tested with 4.4.1 (Mac App Store version) with both a partial and a full export, and the options are available for each. Could you please take a screenshot of what you're seeing? There are instructions on how to take a screenshot here: http://take-a-screenshot.org/. You can save the image to a service like Dropbox and include a link in your reply.

• rbregt
    rbregt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

This is the use case

1. In the left pane select "Logins"
    2. In the menu select Export
    3. Select export all (not selected times only)
    4. Enter master password

The file save dialog shows the .pif option, but when I click it nothing happens.

In the meantime I have tried to select all items and export selected items and that worked (I have little over 600 logins)
    That worked. So the problem still is with the Export all option.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rbregt,

I'm sorry you're still having trouble with All Items… exporting. Thanks for describing specific steps you're using. Like @Megan, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem here.

After selecting File > Export > All Items…, with Logins selected in the main application sidebar, and entering your Master Password does the File Format menu selector in the Export window have the "double-triangle" on it?

Please try restarting 1Password mini and see if that makes any difference.

Glad you've found a workaround for this, but we'd much rather get you a real solution. :)

• rbregt
    rbregt
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk‌

The double triangle was there but I still couldn't click the format selector. Stopping 1Password mini (and then restarting 1P did nothing. And restarting through your link neither. Btw, I am using 1P in Dutch localization.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rbregt,

I'm still puzzled by this after successfully testing with Dutch localization on 10.9.4. Which version of OS X are you running? And have you restarted your system since discovering the problem? Sorry that restarting 1Password made no difference.

• rbregt
    rbregt
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk‌

I am using OS X 10.8.5. Have restarted my machine. The issue is still present. Please see attached screen shots.

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s17/sh/cf8b0dcb-edde-408e-9ba2-4c82f7eaecb6/a4306625da47af007ef94d95b0630035

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rbregt,

Thanks for the helpful followup and screen shots.

My colleague @AlexHoffmann was able to test and confirm that the file format can't be changed when using File > Export > All Items… with 1Password 4.4.1 on 10.8.5. I've filed an internal bug report; thank you for discovering and reporting this! :)

ref: OPM-2117

This discussion has been closed.