Citizens Bank website bug

rpfotog
rpfotog
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS
  • Is this bug reproducible?

Yes. I am never able to get the app to paste the password into the password field.

• Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices?

It happens every time on my first generation iPad mini. I have no other devices to test it on.

• A quick summary of the bug:
    Detailed Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce it:

I'm not sure how you'll fix this because it requires a Citizens Bank account to log into. If there's a way I can work more closely with you to fix this, I'm happy to do it because my banking site is one of the most common places that I would use 1Password. There is a screen that shows me a security image. Then when I approve the image, I get a password field. When I invoke 1Password and unlock it with my password, it fails to fill the banking password field.

Now I see that my Barclay card account has the exact same issue. It seems that if I click in the password field to enter a password, the field deactivates when I call up 1Password and as a result, no password is pasted into that field.

Comments

• Hi @rpfotog,

Are you doing this in 1Browser or are you using the 1Password extension in Mobile Safari?

Am I correct to assume Barclay also requires a valid account to get to the password page?

• rpfotog
    rpfotog
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

I'm using Mobile Safari. I believe both sites require an account in order to get to the password screen.

In the interest of the greater good, if it's possible to communicate outside the forum, I could give you my user name for the site and you could try pasting in your own password. It doesn't work so I don't see the harm in that. I believe it also gives you a few attempts to get it right. At least you could address the issue of that password field not staying active after entering the 1Password password.

• Hi @rpfotog,

It's our policy to never allow any customers to send us any type of identifiable information. If anything happens to the account, legally, the blame could be placed on us. So, that's why we do not accept or allow anybody to share that kind of information with us.

You can always contact us privately at support AT agilebits.com for anything you need, we will make sure it goes to the right department and get you the help you need. If you want to move this to email, we can do that, just send us the email with a link to this thread and we'll figure this out. However, please do not include any private information as I mentioned above.

In the meantime, the one thing you can do is send us the source code of the password page instead, we can try to replicate it offline or study the code to see if we can do a better job.

Just a few questions (you can answer it here or via the email)

1. Do you use 1Password on your computer? If not, what kind of computer do you have? There's a way to replicate Mobile Safari rendering on the Mac, so you can save the source code easily there and email it to us.
    2. Can you try using 1Browser in 1Password on your iPad to see if it'll fill in the password?
This discussion has been closed.