Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile. New Mac Air 2014...

Options
Jim Heaven
Jim Heaven
Community Member

Hi My old computer failed. So I downloaded 1password and dropbox etc... but cant open it. I can access from 1password anywhere directly in dropbox...and also on my other devices....but like many other people I cant access 1password using the new computer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

James

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi James,

Please try selecting click here ▾ to select a different option. on that screen to make sure the correct Agile Keychain in Dropbox will be used. In some cases when there are multiple keychains in Dropbox, 1Password will automatically pick the incorrect one and you have to manually choose the right one. You might also want to restart your system before trying that.

If that doesn't fix the problem, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• David Wilmore
    David Wilmore
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same issue, but I used the "click here ▾ to select a different option" link as suggested.. and even though the correct option was already chosen, I was able to log in. Problem solved. Seems a little buggy, though, when a non-action fixes an error. Love your product. Thanks for developing it and posting tech fixes on your site !!

• I sorry to hear about the trouble, David. But thank you for the kind words! :)

• Ryan Hartman
    Ryan Hartman
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem after reinstalling Mac OS X, Dropbox hadn't completely finished syncing/indexing although the keychain was present there. Once it was done, the password worked.

• Hi Ryan,

That's certainly a possible cause... thanks for sharing! :)

This discussion has been closed.