Logins disappearing...

Options
GramNegative
GramNegative
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Hi,

I've seen a few posts related to the following problem but with slightly different problems and with no clear answers for my own problem. About a month or so ago, I noticed that several of my logins on my laptop that I had previously installed were missing. After checking 1P on my iPhone, I noticed the number of logins weren't the same. I carefully re-established the missing passwords and synced. Now, 1P on my laptop, iPhone and iPad all show the same number of logins etc. However, I just noticed that another login has disappeared (on all three devices now). How can this happen?

I was able to re-establish login, which then syncs to all other devices.

I have two questions:

1. Why did this happen and how can I prevent it from happening again?
  2. Is there some way to retrieve old passwords? For example, is there some way to inspect old backups, retrieve just one old password, and then transplant that password to the current database (to avoid losing all of the newer passwords)?

laptop: OSX 10.9.4; 1P 4.4.1
deskop: ditto
iPhone: iOS: 7.1.2; latest version of 1P
iPad: ditto
sync path: Dropbox

Thanks,

GM

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @GramNegative‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble here! We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

—iOS—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Is there some way to retrieve old passwords? For example, is there some way to inspect old backups, retrieve just one old password, and then transplant that password to the current database (to avoid losing all of the newer passwords)?

Unfortunately, there is no way right now to restore just one password. If you do have available backups, we can walk you through the process of restoring to an older backup, exporting the necessary password, then restoring to a recent backup. We'll know better how to proceed once we see those Diagnostics Reports.

This discussion has been closed.