exiting from the extension

jpayne
jpayne
Community Member

If you fire up the extension, then change your mind (maybe what you wanted to do isn't worth entering the master password on the iOS keyboard and can wait)... how do you back out of that?

Secondly, could the extension be using the PIN rather than master password (with the same rules as the main app?)

Comments

• Good morning @jpayne‌! You're absolutely right, there is no way to dismiss the extension from the lock screen. I've added that issue to our bug queue.

The 1Password Extension should be using the PIN code with the same rules as the main app. We did fix a bug with this in beta 16 so please retry it there.

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member

Cool, I didn't notice you folks added that. I just tried it out on both iPhone (TouchID) and iPad (PIN) and it works beautifully.

Now I can only wish that Google will add extension support in Chrome for iOS so I can use this extension in my browser of choice.

• Hi @strenklang,

You can ping them to ask if they can add support for it. Showing them our repo here: https://github.com/AgileBits/onepassword-app-extension will give them the info they need.

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member

Hey @MikeT‌,

I checked the Chromium issue tracker and didn't see that anyone else had requested this, so I opened issue 405894 to request this. If you guys want to add anything else to this issue feel free to comment there.

• I'll pass it on to our app extension team and we'll follow up if needed.

Thanks!

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member

Probably a good idea to do so, the initial comments from Chrome devs indicate some issues they have with the extension.

• We will as soon as we can. It is possible the way they designed the app would make it difficult to implement 1Password's support, in which case, we might not be able to do anything.

• sternklang
    sternklang
    Community Member

Understood, you guys don't have infinite resources so concentrating on the browser most folks use on iOS makes sense for you. And also understood that Google may not be able to work with your extension as is.

• Right, not to mention that iOS 8 is almost ready to be released soon, so we have a LOT of work we need to finish quickly within the few weeks we have left.

This discussion has been closed.