Having to unlock with PIN at least twice

phoenixrizing
phoenixrizing
Community Member

I recently jumped onboard as a customer using 1Password. While there are many things I like about it, there are some things I hope can be looked into and corrected.

A frequent annoyance is that I (more often than not) have to enter my PIN twice. What happens is I enter it once, the lock then displays a green ring indicating I entered it correctly, then slides down. Right after that, a new lock screen slides in its place and I have to enter the PIN again. After that, it allows me in.

I want to emphasize that the ring turns green, so I know it's not me fumbling with the keys. It almost always does this.

Can this be looked into for a solution please?

I'm running Android 4.4.2 and 1Password 4.0.2.

Comments

• Hi @phoenixrizing. Thank you for your support of 1Password. A small number of users have also reported experiencing a similar issue on their devices. Thanks for letting us know you're experiencing it too, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Our development team is currently looking into resolving this issue. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

• Rivadi_NL
    Rivadi_NL
    Community Member

I have the same problem.

• Ben Fisher
    Ben Fisher
    Community Member

This happens all the time to me too.

Also, even though I have it set to ask for a PIN (rather than the Master password), 90% of the time, it asks for the Master password. Only after I turn off and then back on "require PIN" within the settings does it ask for the PIN again... and that only lasts for a few days.

• hp2251
    hp2251
    Community Member

I've experienced this issue as well. I would say this happens to me about 8 out 10 times.

• One of the tricky things about this particular issue is that it has been challenging to reproduce. Not only does that make it difficult to diagnose the issue, but it also makes it difficult to confirm the fix. We have made some improvements to try to eliminate the double-locking issue in the 4.1 update that we released today. Could I please ask each of you to download the update and check to see if the issue still persists?

• phoenixrizing
    phoenixrizing
    Community Member

mverde,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Since posting this topic, I've upgraded my phone (Galaxy S5) as well as upgrading the app. So the issue has not occurred, but if it does, I'll be sure to update here.

• Thank you for confirming @phoenixrizing. Happy to hear you're not experiencing this issue anymore with 4.1.

This discussion has been closed.