Purchased 1Password 4 for iPhone - can't download for free on iPad

Options
AndreyM
AndreyM
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

Hello, have a problem trying to install 1Password on my iPad with same Apple ID after purchasing and installing it on my iPhone. AppStore on iPad suggests me to pay again to download the app. Any hint what should i do not to pay twice?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AndreyM‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting access to 1Password on all your iOS devices. We certainly don't want you to have to pay for the app twice! Please ensure that you are in the App Store in the Updates > Purchases section. There you should have the option to download the app directly. :)

• ccc1997
    ccc1997
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased 1Password for my Ipad, but I too am unable to download for free on my Iphone. While I am on my Ipad, I can see the purchased license in app store - purchased. When I go to my Iphone, I do not see 1Password from App Store - Updates - Purchases. I have waited over 30 minutes since the purchase, am I being impatient and should I just wait longer?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Just to be sure, are both iDevices logged in to the App Store with the same Apple ID?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ccc1997,

I don't think you should have to wait too long. Please ensure that you are logged in to the App Store on your iPad with the same AppleID as you made the original purchase. Because the purchase is tied to your AppleID, you will not see it if you are using a different AppleID.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you're still unable to find 1Password 4 for iOS in your purchases and we'll investigate further. :)

• ccc1997
    ccc1997
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, both devices are logged into the app store with the same user account.

• ccc1997
    ccc1997
    Community Member
    Options

I rebooted all devices, using the same icloud account, yet still can't download the app on my iphone. Any more ideas?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ccc1997‌

Thanks for trying that out! Unfortunately, Apple doesn't give us access to purchase records or anything fancy like that, so we're not able to do a lot here. If you're still not seeing your purchase on your iPhone, you'll need to contact Apple to find out what's going on.

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance - I hope it gets sorted out soon!

• crank243
    crank243
    Community Member
    Options

Have the exact same problem, Can't download it on my iPhone although I paid for it on my iPad (same Apple ID), but what I noticed is that the app doesn't appear on my purchase history although it's been billed. Any help you can give us?

• Jasper
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @crank243,

Could you please give this a try:

• Restart your iPhone.
    • Please ensure that you are signed into the App Store using the same Apple ID that you purchased 1Password with.
    • Open the App Store, go to the Updates tab, and tap Purchased.
    • Find 1Password on that list and tap the download icon (cloud with an arrow).

If you still can't find it, the purchase may be hidden. Here are instructions to unhide a purchase: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4919?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

And if you're still not able to find your purchase on the iPhone, I would recommend that you contact iTunes support for further assistance: https://www.apple.com/ca/support/itunes/contact/

This discussion has been closed.