First Time Install - No Rich Icons (except for agilebits.com and 1Password 4) -

Options
tonynov13
tonynov13
Community Member

I just installed 1P4 (a brand new user) and no rich icons appear except the 2 mentioned above. I read this problem not new over the last year. Solutions have included check/uncheck, restart 1P4, wait for next release that'll include the fix. I see some mention of downloading. Not sure where to do that or if that even the issue. Using iMac with OSx 10.9.4. Is there some minimum requirement that enables a rich icon to be found? Like does there have to be a web address in a particular field (website vs webpage)? What info is needed for the software to even ID the rich icon? Seems a useful feature but not available that I can see. Thanks for any insight.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Is there some minimum requirement that enables a rich icon to be found?

So long as you have enabled Use rich icons in 1P4 > Preferences > General I suspect that answer to your question should be "only time". Have you waited a while for the icons to download?

Stephen

• tonynov13
    tonynov13
    Community Member
    Options

No, didn't wait per se. I'm use to and assumed instant full functionality. :) part of my question is how does it know what to use? For some entries I don't necessarily have a http address. Are the icons matched by this? Or look for keywords in the description? For now I can wait. Thanks for comment, Stephen.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I suspect the URL is key to enabling the icon to be found on AgileBits' servers. My experience indicates that, in any event.

Stephen

• Hi @tonynov13‌,

@Stephen_C‌ is correct, that we match icons by the URL. In the case of an app in Software Licenses, we do a best match by the name of the app.

For those items that you do not have a URL for, you can add a custom icon by placing the item into edit mode, then dragging an icon you'd like into the icon well.

If you have items with URLs that are not receiving icons, do you have something like LittleSnitch installed? It may be blocking our request to our cloudfront server. Simply allow traffic for 1Password and 1Password mini.

This discussion has been closed.