Is toopassword secure?

loscamos
loscamos
Community Member

i bought 1password on windows mac and Android. I do not really have the money to buy it on ipad. I was looking for a free version like the android one but I could not find it. I want to use toopassword. Is that safe? Can't you offer a discount for me on 1password foripad ? For the half price I world but it.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014

Hi @loscamos,

Thanks so much for your support of 1Password! I've got good news for you: 1Password 4 for iOS is currently on sale! It's not quite 50% off, but from a regular price of $17.99 (USD), it's currently available for $9.99 in the the iOS App Store.

As far as toopassword goes, I've got a blog post from our security guru that might help explain things: You have secrets; we don’t. Why our data format is public. One of the key points of the article is that:

We have to advise you to never enter your 1Password Master Password into anything that isn’t 1Password. We aren’t casting aspersions on the integrity or competence of any developers, but we simply can’t advise otherwise.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.