Which Sync option is best for me? [resolved]

Mel Burstein
Mel Burstein
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

I installed 1Password 4 on my rMBP. Love it. I downloaded the App for my iPhone and iPad and it is offering me three options to Sync. Which one shall I choose. I do have Dropbox and iCloud on all my devices. If Dropbox is what I should use, do I need to set up a special folder? As you might guess, I have not used either very much. I know there is a ton of info already posted here, but I cannot see the forest.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014

Hi Mel,

I know there's a lot of information in the forums, I don't blame you for wanting to ask your own question instead of getting lost in the forest!

Now, which sync you choose is really up to you. We try to offer a variety of sync options to ensure that users can sync their data in the way that best fits their needs:

• Dropbox is great for cross-platform sync, as it works on Mac, iOS, Windows and Android
    • Some Mac/iOS only users prefer iCloud, because it is built-in to the operating system (no need to install a secondary app to sync)
    • Wi-Fi is a manual process, but has the benefit of giving you control over your data, without having it stored in the cloud, which some users consider important.

If Dropbox is what I should use, do I need to set up a special folder?

When you set up Dropbox sync, 1Password will create the necessary folder in your Dropbox account under Dropbox/Apps/1Password, no need for any set-up by you.

I hope this helps, but if you do have any further questions, we're here for you!

• Mel Burstein
    Mel Burstein
    Community Member

Thank you Megan for your excellent answer. I think I will go with Dropbox.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Mel,

A lot of us here at AgileBits use Dropbox for syncing our data. I think it's a great choice! If you need any help with set-up, you know where to find us. :)

• Mel Burstein
    Mel Burstein
    Community Member

Will someone please close this thread?

• Hi Mel,

Not a problem — I've closed this discussion. If you have any other questions, feel free to create a new one. :)

This discussion has been closed.