1P4 data location on iPad

Fairgame
Fairgame
Community Member

This picture is from Changing Master Password discussion, but not related.
discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/27885/changing-the-master-password-and-re-encrypting-the-database#latest.
So I started a new discussion.

The data location is shown in Manage Storage / Documents and Data. My iPad does not have any 1P4 data there, even under Show All.
However, same screen under iPad / Backups / Backup Options I see 1P4 data being backed up to iCloud.

What am I missing?

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I can't fully comment except to say that what you've highlighted there isn't 1Password - they've never use the word one and always the digit i.e. 1Password. That icon has also never been used by 1Password. I'd insert an image showing all the icons used that @Megan has used in the past to determine which version of 1Password for iOS a user is using but I can't find it at the moment.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Fairgame,

If you are not currently using iCloud to manage your 1Password data, then this data can be removed. If you are using iCloud to sync your 1Password data, then you need to ensure that 'Documents and Data' is enabled on your iPad so that 1Password is able to store your data in iCloud.

The missing icon is an issue that we have been working with Apple to get resolved. If I recall correctly, it might actually be finally resolved, so you might see a change there soon. I apologize for the inconvenience, I know it looks a bit odd.

I hope this answers your questions! :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited August 2014

I'm sure the entry for onepassword and that icon are indeed associated with the iCloud copy of the synced 1Password data. They disappear if you switch to Dropbox syncing and choose the option to delete the data from iCloud when you do so.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Well I stand corrected but I'm stunned too. As a user I'd expect both icon and name to match.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @littlebobbytables‌

I do apologize for the confusion. We do want to get this corrected as soon as possible so that we can avoid these moments of annoyance for users. :)

This discussion has been closed.