1Password High DPI on Surface Pro 3

Options

Hi,
I love 1Password, and have been using it for several years now. I am a Mac/Windows/iOS user, and love the ability to move from one OS to the other without having to use three different password applications. I recently purchased a Windows Surface Pro 3 and although I have been using Macs for over 10 year, I have to say I like this device very much. However, I have noticed that 1Password is not looking too good with regards to High DPI resolution. I searched other posts and noticed is a known issue since 2013. Is there any estimate of when will this issue be solved?
Please advise.
v/r
Luis Apone

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @Luis,

Try this and see if it'll improve the interface:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-4-for-windows-knowledgebase/4/en/topic/high-dpi-settings

Disabling the display scaling on 1Password will fix the interface issues on high DPI screens. Unfortunately, the text itself can't be scaled properly at the moment, so it may be the only thing that's blurry while the rest of the interface is properly scaled. It is something we will try to improve in the future but I don't have an ETA on this.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Unfortunately, 1Password is not DPI-aware (yet). This is on my list of things to do. Thanks!

• JasonF
    JasonF
    Community Member
    Options

It actually doesn't look too bad. When comparing it to other software applications. It's entirely usable at the least.

The only real problem is the system tray right click menu.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The only real problem is the system tray right click menu

Assuming you're on Windows 8, here's something you can try:

1. Open Windows Explorer
    2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\1Password 4\Agile1pAgent.exe
    3. Right-click on Agile1pAgent.exe and click on: Properties
    4. Click on the Compatibility tab, and then disable (uncheck): Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
    5. Click on: OK
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JasonF, the steps @svondutch‌ offers above are the same as are described in the Knowledgebase article that @MikeT cited in his reply.

Please let us know whether they help!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Actually, the steps I'm giving here are not exactly the same. I'm asking @JasonF to enable DPI virtualization. The steps in the knowledge base are disabling DPI virtualization.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Right! I should've been more clear. I was referring to this:

Tip: If the change causes other problems, such as labels and other objects being out of place, just switch the option back to disabled (unchecked) for both 1Password.exe and Agile1pAgent.exe.

This discussion has been closed.