Copying login information from one vault to another doesn't copy credentials

Options
James Adams
James Adams
Community Member

I have tried to do this 2 different ways. 1) Using the share feature to copy info from one particular login over to another vault and 2) exporting both selected items in a vault and even the entire vault over to another vault and no login information goes with it, only URL. No password history...nothing. Appears to be a bug or I'm not doing it right.

HELP! Due to no iOS support for multiple logins I now need to move all of my passwords BACK to the original primary vault. This appears to be a new issue as it used to work.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi James,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble moving things between vaults, and I'll do my best to get this sorted out for you just as soon as possible.

Could you tell me what version of 1Password you are currently using? I've just done some testing here with 4.1.2 and I can correctly share items by using both the Item > Share menu and File > Export.

• James Adams
    James Adams
    Community Member
    Options

Version 4.1.2 (412009)

I have mixed results with this. Regardless of the method I use to copy passwords from Vault to vault the experience is about the same. I copy once, nothing transfers except URL. I go back and copy again and all information comes over. Bizarre. Still occurring.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional information, James,

So we can get a better idea of why item sharing isn't working properly please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac having this problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• ramatsu
    ramatsu
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat as James, Nothing is transferring for when I share from my new vault (which I also have to abandon because of lack of iOS support for multiple vaults - a warning in 1Password 4 before creating new vaults would have sure saved a LOT of time and hassle).

I really need to get all the things that I moved into a new vault back where they came from so I can access them on iOS. Thanks for your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ramatsu,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble sharing between vaults. Please follow @sjk's instructions above to create a Diagnostic Report and send it in to our support team. We'd love to get a closer look at your system to track down what's going on here.

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

I think I'm trying to do the same thing... i.e., to copy all the information of a specific login from my primary vault over to my secondary vault on the same computer. Eventually, I want to share my second vault with another user, but I do NOT want to share my primary vault. So far I have only explored the copy/paste of one-field-at-a-time ... and this is extremely tedious.

Has the COPY function been improved in 1p4 ?
    Or, Is there a way to have both my primary and secondary vaults open and on screen at the same time ?

If not, can you please post a simple and efficient way to do this, aside from manual copy/paste.

Well Duh !!! Nevermind !!!

I believe the COPY function has been fixed in 1p4.
    In the past few minues I found that the following sequence does work (for me) !

In Origin vault
    1) Select the login item to be copied over to destination vault
    2) -> ITEM menu -> SHARE -> choose destination vault -> COPY

I'm so glad this works, and so easily... well done !

• Hi @Lamplighter,

The Copy and Move operations you found in the Item menu should do the trick. You can also access them via the Share icon in the item details (looks like a little square with an arrow coming out of it).

This discussion has been closed.