What is a "Password" and why do I have four "com.Apple.Safari" passwords I don't remember creating?

Options
ftwilson
ftwilson
Community Member

Greetings,

It's not clear to me how a "Password" is different from a "Login"; could someone please clarify that?

Second, I seem to have four of these "Passwords", all for "com.apple.Safari" that I don't remember creating, all with passwords I could not have generated "manually" (they look computer generated). Any idea what these might be and how they got there?

Thanks,

Todd

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The Password category saves passwords you have generated that are not linked to a specifically saved login item. You can remove anything redundant from the Passwords category by going to 1P4 > Help > Tools > Remove Redundant Generated Passwords.

Stephen

• Hi @ftwilson‌,

To expand further on @Stephen_C‌'s comment, the listing of com.Apple.Safari would indicate the app which was active when he password was generated by 1Password mini. In this case, Safari. And my guess would be that a page had not been loaded at the time, otherwise 1Password mini would have grabbed a proper website URL.

This discussion has been closed.