new user asking what is the purpose of the family license

Options
pajacla
pajacla
Community Member

if two share same Mac Pro, but have separate sign on apple Id's, does it require family license, or can we share single license.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@pajacla‌

Please see this licensing page https://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/1p4-sales-faqs.html

It should get you going in the correct direction.

Be sure to see the section "Sane licensing Model" and specifically the sections under that about "Can I still use 1Password on all my Macs if I buy 1Password from Mac App Store?" and "What if I want to share it with my family?"

• pajacla
    pajacla
    Community Member
    Options

quest not answered, but apprec response. We have separate apple login user ID's for the same Mac, but we both need to share the same password info.
    would we both see the same 1password data.
    we both also have iPads and iPhones, If I by IOS license for both her ID and mine, would they all have ability to sync

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pajacla,

If you purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store for your Mac Pro, all users on that Mac Pro can run it.

To use iCloud Sync for syncing/sharing 1Password data, each account/device must be signed in with the same Apple ID for iCloud services.

You can use Dropbox Sync for syncing/sharing 1Password data between each account/device if any of them are using different Apple IDs.

These guides have instructions for setting up vault syncing/sharing:

Syncing using Dropbox (Mac)

Sync With Dropbox (iOS)

Sharing a vault

If this sounds like something you'd like to do, would you want to use the same Dropbox account for each account/device or have separate ones (like the Apple IDs)? Either way, please let us know if you'd like more assistance with getting that set up; we're happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.