Files in 1Password

Eow
Eow
Community Member

Hi

I have yet to purchased 1Password, but before I do I have some questions;
Is there a Way to store confidential files, like PDF, docx, spreadsheets etc? And can they be password protected within the app?
Do I need to buy the Mac app to get all the benefits or Can I just do with iOS version?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi @Eow,

Yes, you are able to store files in 1Password, as an attachment on an item in your encrypted vault.

However, attachments must be added using 1Password 4 for Mac — only viewing them is supported on iOS.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• jipepe
    jipepe
    Community Member

Hi @JasperP,

How can I view an attachment on an item in 1Password for iOS?

I have installed the last versions of 1Password 4 for Mac and 1Password 4 for iOS. There is an item (type is Login) in the encrypted vault that has 15 attached .jpg files (added using 1Password 4 for Mac). I have synchronised the vault using Wi-Fi Sync. But I couldn't view the attachments in 1Password for iOS! The item is there, but it doesn't contain the attachments....

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jipepe,

I apologize for the confusion here. Unfortunately, it is a Known Issue that Wi-Fi sync does not support attachments at this time. Our developers are working on this issue, and I'd be happy to mention to them that you're keen to see this feature implemented soon!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

Hi @jipepe,

I just wanted to follow up here- our developers have made some awesome improvements to Wi-Fi sync lately! In our latest 1Password 4 for iOS beta release notes are the following improvements:

[NEW] Wi-Fi sync on iOS is now fully automatic.

[IMPROVED] Improved Wi-Fi sync to sync attachments. (Requires the latest beta of 1Password for Mac for Yosemite)

While these improvements are still in beta testing, we'll do what we can to release them to you all just as soon as possible - thanks for your patience! :)

This discussion has been closed.