attachments missing [Wi-Fi sync doesn't support attachments]

walderston
walderston
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

Any attachments that have been added are not shown in the beta.

Comments

• walderston
    walderston
    Community Member

i.e. the below image

• Hi @walderston‌,

Can you tell me how you have it set up in terms of syncing, is it over Dropbox or Wi-Fi?

Also, have you reset the data in the beta and download a fresh database?

• walderston
    walderston
    Community Member

Syncing over Wi-FI.
    Just used 'Erase Data and Settings' and re-synced over WiFi again and attachments still not showing on the beta.

I've also noticed a bug with the GM version, in which if you make a change to any attachments (i.e. replace an attachment in a note), and re-sync everything, the original attachments still show in the GM version.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014

Hi @walderston,

That's normal, there is no attachment support for the Wi-Fi sync at the moment, it is only available in the Dropbox and iCloud sync. We'll be implementing the attachment support in a future update to 1Password.

As for the deletions, that's a known bug. The 1Password for iOS app doesn't clear deleted attachments, that'll be fixed in a future update.

For now, I'd suggest switching over to the cloud solutions if you need attachments support, and I'd recommend Dropbox if you need multiple vaults support.

• walderston
    walderston
    Community Member

Not an issue for me right now, as I use the GM version for attachments currently which is synced via iCloud hence I didn't know about the lack of support of Wi-Fi sync.

Thanks @MikeT

• Hi @walderston,

Thanks for being so understanding and you're welcome! We'll get these fixed as fast as humanly possible.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @walderston‌

I just wanted to follow up here- our developers have made some awesome improvements to Wi-Fi sync lately! As you may have noticed, in our latest 1Password 4 for iOS beta release notes are the following improvements:

[NEW] Wi-Fi sync on iOS is now fully automatic.

[IMPROVED] Improved Wi-Fi sync to sync attachments. (Requires the latest beta of 1Password for Mac for Yosemite)

Please let us know how these new features work for you!

• walderston
    walderston
    Community Member

Hi @Megan‌

Everything is working great :) Thanks.

Only iCloud to solve and i'll be a happy bunny... Thanks again.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @walderston‌

So glad to hear that! I'll mention to our developers that iCloud still needs a bit of love though - I do want you to be a happy bunny. ;)

This discussion has been closed.