[Bug] [4.0.0] Won't stay maximized after minimizing [Fixed in 4.0.1 update]

Options
Viper007Bond
Viper007Bond
Community Member
edited July 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

If you maximize 1Password 4.0.0.492, minimize it, and then restore it by clicking the tray icon, it ends up being windowed instead of maximized like it was before being minimized. I prefer to run 1Password maximized so I have to re-maximize it any time I restore it from being minimized.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I believe that's still cited in the list of requested features.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

• Viper007Bond
    Viper007Bond
    Community Member
    Options

I'd consider it a bug not a feature but regardless, thanks! I had overlooked that other thread. :)

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

+1 on this bug. It's frustrating because when the window gets minimized, sometimes the columns get resized too (Edit: I think this only happens if you don't manually resize your columns).

It's a small, but annoying, bug for me.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

I've filed a bug report and we'll see what we can do to fix this.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Many thanks for the quick fixing of this bug in 4.0.1.BETA-500 :)

I'm now on BETA-502 - to get the next stable update, do I just uncheck "Include Beta Versions" and wait for the next update to overwrite my beta version?

Thanks again.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

to get the next stable update, do I just uncheck "Include Beta Versions" and wait for the next update to overwrite my beta version?

Correct.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi, I've just noticed a further small bug to do with window size. Here are the steps I've used to reproduce it:

1. Launch 1Password from pinned taskbar icon.
    2. Unlock the program and make sure it is maximised. Notification area icon is enabled in preferences.
    3. Minimise 1Password so window is now hidden. Taskbar icon should be inactive and program is unlocked.
    4. Lock the program using the system tray icon.
    5. Launch 1Password from taskbar icon.
    6. Window is minimised in center of screen.

Thanks, Paul.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pbryanw,

I followed your steps with the latest 4.0.2 beta 506 and I can't reproduce it. Can you try this again with beta 506 since you've been using the betas.

In Step 3, I also tried Win+M in addition to the minimize button. It didn't help.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT - It appears I can no longer reproduce this on beta 506 (as I had gone back to the stables).

Hopefully it's fixed now. Thanks again for your help on this.

• Viper007Bond
    Viper007Bond
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for fixing this! Much appreciated! :)

• MikeT
    Options

On behalf of the Windows team, you're welcome!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi, I'm still getting a minimised window from time to time - I think I can reproduce it now. Here are my steps:

1. Launch 1Password from pinned taskbar icon.
    2. Unlock the program and make sure it is maximised. System tray icon has been enabled in general preferences.
    3. Close 1Password window. Taskbar icon should be inactive and system tray icon shows 1Password is unlocked.
    4. Restart PC.
    5. Launch 1Password from taskbar icon (now locked on startup).
    6. Window is minimised in center of screen.

I hope you'll be able to reproduce this your end.

• MikeT
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @pbryanw‌,

Yes, I can reproduce it. I'm guessing the initial launch after the reboot isn't reading the window state data. I'll file a bug report.

Thanks!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

Phew! Many thanks - I thought it was just a quirk of me using 1Password in a virtual machine. Glad you can reproduce it and thanks for filing a bug report.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

You're welcome!

Note it might be a while before a fix comes, Stefan's on a short break at the moment.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Note it might be a while before a fix comes, Stefan's on a short break at the moment.

He seems to have started posting again on the forum. Are you supposed to still be on holiday @svondutch? :D

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Are you supposed to still be on holiday @svondutch?

Yes :)

• MikeT
    Options

Stefan is like the rest of us. Even on vacation, we can't stay away from work.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

Can confirm that the maximised-window-after-reboot bug has been fixed in 1Password 4.0.2.BETA-508. Thanks for all the help received on this :-bd

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pbryanw thanks for checking in to let us know, I'm happy that's working for you now! :)

This discussion has been closed.