Do I have obsolete 1P folders?

Options
pomme4moi
pomme4moi
Community Member

I changed my master password recently in the manner described in this link: https://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/start-over.html Everything worked ok. I read that it is important to remove old 1P password files, as my previous master password could be used to access those files. So i did a search on the Library files on my Mac to find all folders containing "agilebilts" or '1password" in the folder name. The search produced this list of 8 folders:

I use 1P every day, and I was surprised that the "last opened" date on most of the folders is not very recent. Are there folders (or files within the folders) that I should manually delete, so that my old master password cannot be used to access my 1P password data? Thx

Comments

• Hi @pomme4moi‌,

It looks like you have a few items leftover from 1Password 3.

You will want to keep items 1, 2, & 6. (Item 1 is old because it is a script. It generally will never be modified once installed, but it does get used).

Items 3, 4, 5, 7, & 8 are from 1Password 3 and can be discarded.

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you chrisdj. Much appreciated ...

• You're welcome @pomme4moi‌!

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member
    Options

Update: I deleted the specified folders. FYI that when I opened 1P on my Mac, it re-created folder #3. It looks like it holds some 1P preferences settings, so 1Password 4 appears to still need it.

I moved the deleted folders to a USB thumb drive. I'll keep them for a few days while I continue to use 1P. If no problems, I'll permanently delete them.

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like I deleted something I shouldn't have. Still have all my data, but each time I open 1P this screen appears:

And I need to reset some 1P preferences. 1P seems to think I am using 1P for the first time. Any idea which file(s) I need to put back to fix this? Thx

• Hi @pomme4moi‌,

Try the following:

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password.

That should clear things up with that start dialog.

• pomme4moi
    pomme4moi
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Thanks again chrisdj

• You're welcome @pomme4moi‌!

This discussion has been closed.