Problem with migrating from 1password 3 to 1password 4 [moved to email]

Options
newteach
newteach
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

I think the database that I am working from is an older version than the one I was using before migrating.

Let me spell out the steps I took before I migrated and when I migrated in order to make the problem clear:

First, I normally use Chrome, but the day I upgraded, I was using Firefox. I followed the instructions for upgrading by adding a log in to 1password 3 just to make sure everything was up to date. Then I migrated, using Firefox. Then I upgraded on my Iphone 5, and at the same time, I also upgraded my IOS to the most recent version I reset the drop box synching. Then, I was having some problems with 1Password working at all, and I did what I was supposed to do to sophos...created the exceptions, and then 1Password was working fine, and I was a happy puppy.

Then I started noticing that it worked for some websites, but not others, and when I went onto Amazon, I saw that it had an old email address I was no longer using, and an old password. There was no other Amazon account in the log-ins of 1Password. This had happened with a couple things, but I don't remember what. It was with Amazon that I noticed it was old data, because of the email address.

So my question is, How do I use the back-up data from 1password 3 to bring the data from 1password 4 up-to-date?

Thanks,
M.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @newteach,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with 1Password lately. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• newteach
    newteach
    Community Member
    Options

I tried yesterday and today to download the report generator, but each time I get a message that says the connection was interrupted.

• newteach
    newteach
    Community Member
    Options

Let me add a little bit to what I just said: First, my connection is good--I have no problems that way. Second, I do not have a firewall up. Third, I added the web address of agile bits to the Firefox Security exceptions to make sure there was no problem there. So I don't know why I cannot download the report generator.

• Hi @newteach‌,

Here is a direct link to the download. If it continues to not download in Firefox, please try another browser, such as Safari.

• newteach
    newteach
    Community Member
    Options

Worked. I sent the report today.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @newteach. We've got your email with the report and will look that over and get back with you as soon as possible! :)

ref: JJC-41859-719

This discussion has been closed.