Password extension icon disappears in Firefox

Options
Joanna_S
Joanna_S
Community Member

The extension is there in Firefox, properly installed and all, but the icon keeps disappearing from my toolbar defeating its purpose. On restart it's there again and then disappears again. Any idea why that would be? Thanks for suggestions! I'm running latest version of both password and firefox and have tried all the suggestions in the password help site.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Joanna_S,

Can you confirm that you're running Firefox 32 or 31 ESR, the latest versions on the regular and ESR channels, or some other version? And version 4.2.4 of its 1Password extension? See this post for an explanation of why I'm asking about that.

If indeed you are running the current versions of Firefox and 1Password extension it may be that your Firefox profile is corrupt. Please try creating a new profile; instructions are here:

Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles | Firefox Help

Install the 1Password extension in the new profile, but do not delete the original one. Do you still have an issue with the extension in the new profile?

• Joanna_S
    Joanna_S
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that info sjk.... I replaced the 1PW extension, and for now it's working! Was using Firefox 32. See if it holds, but am already impressed with the speed with which I received a reply! So thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, @Joanna_S. Happy to hear the extension is cooperating now after you replaced it. Please let us know if it starts misbehaving again and we'll help you with getting it fixed again. :)

This discussion has been closed.