Sharing family license on the same Mac

Options
Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Community Member

I have a FAMILY license for 1p4 which I have been using on my MacMini for well over a month… with primary and secondary vaults.

Today, I installed a 2nd USER (my wife) on the same MacMini, and then downloaded and installed 1p4 for Mac into my wife’s new partition. Then I added a single login to her primary vault, and it works fine. OK, So far so good.

Our intent (later on) is to create a secondary vault in her partition, and for each of us to share our seconardy vaults via Drop.Box. We want to do the same on my daughters via iPads and Mac laptops

But here is my current concern: When I check the status of my wife’s “1p4 license”, the web site says her copy of 1p4 is in the "30-day trial mode". I tried to “Resend” our Family license into her partition, but a msg appears saying there is NO license issued to the email address of my original Family license. Checking the license via my own primary vault confirms the validity of this license.

Is this a problem coming down the road for us, or is it the way the system is designed for the family license ?

Comments

• cue003
    cue003
    Community Member
    Options

I am looking to purchase this software and will be setting it up the same so this answer is very important to me. I look forward to the response.

Thanks

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Lamplighter‌ I'm not clear from your post whether you have actually added the family licence to your wife's Mac. If not, this knowledge base article may help. If you can't find a copy of your licence you could always have it re-sent to you then transfer a copy to her machine.

Stephen

• @Lamplighter‌ I sent you a PM about finding your license.

This discussion has been closed.