How to disable Watchtower alerts for individual entries? [see Smart Folder suggestion on post #3]

Options
odysseus
odysseus
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

I enabled Watchtower alerts, however, I updated some passwords (for gmail, notably) before 1Password4 was updated to version 4.4 with Watchtower alerts. It is also indicating a Watchtower alert for a site which claims to be free of the "Heartbleed" bug. So is there a way to disable the warning for individual entries?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @odysseus‌

Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to disable warnings for individual entries. We've heard this request a lot since introducing the Watchtower service, and our developers are currently looking into ways to make this work.

Thanks so much for the feedback, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns!

• metamorphic
    metamorphic
    Community Member
    Options

I found one way of ignoring Watchtower alerts: create a smart folder with settings:

All of the following is true:
    1) Required action is change password, and
    2) Tag is not wt-ignore

The smart folder will be a subset of the Watchtower smart folder, containing only those entries without the "wt-ignore" tag.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @metamorphic‌

Thanks for providing that workaround - that's a great way to use tags to organize your Watchtower data while we work on a more permanent fix. :)

• Schulmeister
    Schulmeister
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Thanks, thanks so much for this - it's a great help :-))

• @Schulmeister‌, on behalf of @Megan‌, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.